Vinyl Wraps vs. PPF: The Best Protection for Your Car
Whether restyling your favorite luxury vehicle or protecting your newest investment, find out how vinyl wrap and paint protection film (PPF) compare. Navigate the pros and cons of each with the expert team at Ecophant Auto and turn heads wherever you drive.
PPF: Superior Surface Protection
PPF is a urethane film that’s transparent and self healing. When professionally installed, this material is invisible and offers the best surface protection from the trials of the road.
The thickness of PPF varies depending on your needs. Most films are around 8 mils thick. It can be installed on high-impact areas, like the hood of your luxury vehicle, or you can schedule a professional application where it’s expertly laid across your entire vehicle.
In most cases, PPF installation requires a full day in the shop. You may need to wait until the next day to pick up your ride.
Pros of PPF
Choose a paint protection film for the following dependable benefits:
- Self-healing superiority: Rocks, bird droppings, UV rays, and other issues are no match for professionally installed PPF. A small scratch or scuff in the material is usually covered to extend the lifetime of this protective option.
- Invisible application: Careful installation leads to an invisible layer that shields your luxury car’s paint from the daily wear and tear of the road. Choose this material if you love your OEM paint job.
- Prompt installation: The wet installation process only requires a day or two to install, which is much more convenient than the lengthy wrap installation process.
- Long-lasting protection: On average, paint protection film should last between five and 10 years. This can depend on your driving habits and other factors.
Vinyl Wraps: Stunning Style
Choose vinyl wraps if you’re looking for a totally transformed look. PVC-based vinyl wraps are also flexible and shield your luxury vehicle from dirt, UV rays, water stains, and other issues. Instead of an invisible layer, however, a car wrap can be customized to change the exterior color and design of your car.
Pros of Vinyl Wraps
Choose a vinyl wrap for the following advantages:
- Iconic look and feel: Create the personalized look and feel your luxury vehicle deserves. From color shift or chrome features to pearlescent or camouflage patterns, the result is another step toward owning your dream car. Add an iconic logo, racing stripes, or any other unique addition with automotive wrap.
- Competitive price range: While vinyl film wraps tend to only last between three and five years and may not protect from deep scratches, they’re priced competitively compared to the thicker PPF material. Most vinyl wrap materials are about three or four mils thick.
- Straightforward professional installation process: It can take up to a week to install vinyl wrap, but the process may not cost as much.
Protect Your Luxury Vehicle With Ecophant Auto
From invisible car bras to stunningly personalized vinyl wraps, protect your luxury vehicle with the right product from Ecophant Auto. Request a quote to refresh your ride and retain that one-of-a-kind look that made you fall in love with your car.